Transforming transport with location data: apply for contracts – Innovate UK
Organisations can apply for up to £2 million to explore ways of using geospatial data to tackle a variety of transport challenges. Projects could relate to:
· earth observation and satellite-derived data
· artificial intelligence or machine learning applied to spatial datasets
· internet of things sensors capturing spatial information
· surveying, 3D laser scanning or spatial imaging
· advanced geographic information systems analysis or geovisualisation and environmental modelling.
The best and most promising projects could go on to receive between £500,000 and £1 million to prototype ideas in a second phase of the competition. Deadline for applications 4 November 2020. Find out more.
Future Leaders Fellowships are open for business
Future Leaders Fellowships (FLFs) are back for another round, to fund the most promising researchers and innovators from business and academia with up to £1.5m over four years.
Festival 2022 – R&D opportunity
Up to £100k each for 30 creative innovation R&D projects. Read more.
Welsh Secretary Simon Hart and Business Secretary Alok Sharma share views about how Wales will benefit from powers returning from Brussels after Brexit and continued seamless trade with the rest of the UK.
Government launches Innovation Expert Group
Chaired by Royal Academy of Engineering CEO Dr Hayaatun Sillem CBE, this new group was announced as part of the R&D Roadmap to provide advice on how to drive up the UK’s productivity through innovation. Read more about the group and its members or contact email@example.com
Genome UK – the future of healthcare New HM Government publication
Genome UK sets out how the genomics community will work together to harness the latest advances in genetic and genomic science, research, and technology for the benefit of patients.
Jet Zero Council launches with aim of zero-emission flight by 2050
The partnership between government and the aviation sector to fast-track zero-emission flight has taken its next step forward with the publication of the group’s members and key aims.
· Jet Zero Council sets out ambitions on sustainable aviation fuel, zero-emission aviation and aerospace technologies
· partnership between government and industry to drive forward the government’s net zero-emission ambitions for the aviation and aerospace sector
· group brings together representatives across aviation, aerospace, academia and wider.
Energy Trends bulletin, September 2020 published by BEIS and the ONS
Would you like more detail?
Delivered to your inbox: bespoke weekly updates with links to original material.